TERMS AND CONDITIONS
BY SUBMITTING TO THE BACON REVIEW, YOU (“THE AUTHOR”) AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS (“TERMS”) BELOW. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, WE ASK THAT YOU DO NOT SUBMIT MATERIAL TO THE BACON REVIEW FOR PUBLICATION.
1. By submitting work to The Bacon Review the author agrees, should the work be accepted, to grant The Bacon Review non-exclusive electronic rights to the submitted work, as well as a non-exclusive right to maintain a copy of the work in our digital archives. Any subsequent publication must include the credit "originally published in The Bacon Review,” along with the date it was published on our site.
“Non-exclusive electronic rights" means that the author is free to re-publish the work elsewhere online while the issue featuring the work is current. "Publish" means any public display of the author’s work, and includes the author’s personal website and posting to message boards. The author agrees that, in the event the work is published elsewhere, that The Bacon Review will be alerted to the publication and provide a link to it. The author retains all other rights, including foreign and subsidiary rights, to publish the work in non-electronic form at any time.
2. The Bacon Review is under no obligation to publish a work of writing that may infringe on the legal rights of others. At its option The Bacon Review may seek legal advice on a manuscript, essay, or poem, and reserves the right to withhold publication at any time.
3. Author warrants the work submitted to be original, except as its text indicates otherwise, and that it does not infringe on any copyright or other rights of any person, including rights of privacy and rights against defamation. Author shall indemnify and save The Bacon Review harmless from any and all loss or damage, including the cost of defense, in connection with any claim or proceeding relating to the foregoing warranties.
4. The material published in The Bacon Review will not be sold. Consequently, authors shall receive no royalties or advances of any monies upon publication. The author agrees that publishing material in The Bacon Review is solely for the benefit of literature and dissemination of ideas, and is not for monetary gain. The Bacon Review is under no obligation to market, distribute, or promote the author’s material.
5. The Bacon Review reserves the right to publish or decline the submitted work for any reason and at any time, at the discretion of its editors, and may elect to remove at any time and for any reason, the work from its website and digital archive.
6. The Bacon Review will not sell, distribute, or exchange an author’s personal information with any third party. The Bacon Review will collect an author’s personal information before publication and we may elect to send newsletters and issues of The Bacon Review to an author’s email account, unless explicitly requested otherwise. Links to the published material may be placed on other websites, including but not limited to Facebook and Twitter.